Эсен Сагынов (Esen Sagynov) (NHN), Eugene Stoyanovici (CUBRID)
The challenges faced today by modern software applications are probably best described through “real-life” examples and experiences - and this is what this presentation will be about. More specifically, we will tell how CUBRID RDBMS is able to address these challenges.
Mainly, we will go together through some of our experiences with CUBRID, through some figures and performance goals we have encountered and dealt with while migrating and optimizing the performance for some high-visibility web applications.
The presentation will cover the following issues:
- Reasons behind CUBRID development
- Principles in the development of CUBRID.
- What CUBRID has to offer. Benefits and advantages.
- Performance and scalability issues, and how we address them in CUBRID.
- Inside Performance and Database Sharding.
- What we have learnt so far and where we are heading to.